Crafts for beach: Ribbon Flip Flops tutorial

  
  Crafts for beach: Ribbon Flip Flops tutorial
What you need:
  • Pair of flip flops
  • Length of ribbon cut into four 18 inch pieces
  • Some sort of craft knife
Step 1: Measure 1/4 inch from the top of the strap (the part that goes between your first two toes). Cut a vertical slit on each side.
CAUTION: This is hard. First, my straps must have been made from industrial plastic or something because I had to saw to cut it. Second, while you’re sawing away, it’s easy to get carried away and slice all the way through the strap. This pretty much ruins the project … and your flip flops. Third, try to not lose a finger.
Step 2: Measure 3/4 inch from the first cut and continue making vertical slits down each side. Make sure you have an odd number of slits. I cut 7 on each side.
Step 3: Cut four 18 inch pieces of ribbon.
Step 4: Pull apart the bottom of the flip flop and thread the ribbon up through. Leave about 2 inches on the bottom of the shoe. Wrap it around the strap button and push the button back in.
Step 5: Weave the ribbon through the holes until you reach the top. Tie the ends into a bow and trim off the excess ribbon.
I shouldn’t post this photo, my pedicure looks so bad. I’m going tomorrow. I promise.
Source: henryhappened.com