Crafty jewelry: Neon Friendship Necklaces tutorial

 

Materials:
Neon twine/string (I found a pack of 5 at the local hardware store)
Small brass S hook
Pliers
Scissors
Lighter or matches

Directions:
1. Honestly, just do whatever kind of braiding, knotting and twisting you remember and enjoy from childhood. I did a braid. A chinese staircase. And I twisted two twines together and then folded them over on themselves. I made each piece of the necklace long enough to slip over my head so I wouldn’t need a traditional clasp.
2. I then attached each of the necklace pieces to an S hook that I had flattened with pliers on either S curve to remove the space.  With a lighter, I burned the knots and ends of the strings to melt and secure them to one another and the S hook.
3. Then I rocked some killer shades. Oh snap!
Photo: Courtesy of Green Eyed Monster®

  Crafty jewelry: Neon Friendship Necklaces tutorial

How To: Make a Chinese Staircase