Paper crafts: Fortune Cookie Love Note


  

Paper crafts: Fortune Cookie Love Note

I am not romantic.  Like, at all, really.  Not that my husband is the big romantic type or anything, but I really have to try to do something sweet.  Usually I count it as sweet enough that I did his laundry and wiped out the sink. :P

See, I'm already being un-sweet in my love note post. *sigh* So I'm just going to suck it up and admit that I made something nice.


I made something nice. 

Really, it's a very simple gesture - nothing elaborate or really gushy, because I just can't go from zero to googly-eyed.  But in the interest of baby steps, I made my husband a dinner date invitation for this weekend.  We have been talking about going to our favorite Japanese restaurant "sometime soon", but it hasn't happened yet.  Don't get me wrong, we do get out plenty, but we bring Raya with us and we end up at a chain restaurant.  I love our family time.  But, we need some us-time too.

So in keeping with the theme, I made a paper fortune cookie and made the fortune part the invitation.



Paper Fortune Cookie

Time: 5 minutes

Supplies:
  • Beige/tan/brown and white paper
  • Scissors
  • Double-sided tape (or glue)
I wanted it to be oversized and noticeable, so I traced a bowl and made a large-ish circle, maybe like 6" in diameter.  A "real" fortune cookie is more like 3 1/2" or so.  I cut about a 4" strip of white paper for my fortune. 


As you can see, my message is still not terribly romantic.  I did add some x's and o's.  Maybe that helped.

Anyway, to fold your paper cookie, fold it in half but don't crease it.



Then, press the center inward.  This is easier said than done, because your paper will begin to crease.  That's ok, just try to keep it centered.  Like so:



Now bring the ends together so that it looks like a cookie.  It's hard to explain, which is why you get a visual:



I used double-sided scrapbooking adhesive to stick the two inner folds together. You could also use glue or another adhesive and just pin it together with a clothespin until it was dry. 


Happy month day!
Source: http://www.happyhourprojects.com/