Magic mushrooms

My knitting basket is filling up. If you look closely, you'll see a little pile of things heading towards a very special destination. I can't wait to tell you more about it, but you will have to wait just a little bit longer.

knittingbasket_067


The other thing I have on the go is a mushroom-coloured Aidez cardigan.

aidezupclose_068
I'm knitting it in deeeeep stash yarn: Rowan Yorkshire Tweed Chunky. Perfectly flecky, perfectly fall. Speaking of fall knits, have you seen the new collection of patterns by Brooklyntweed? AMAZING!!!

I was a bit high after seeing this beautiful autumn post, and couldn't resist going on my own mushroom hunt.

mellowyellow_064

forestcoral_053

little red_046

whitemushrooms_051

I find mushrooms unbearably cute. Sadly, I didn't find any mushroom-garlanded pinecones like Margie did (I suspect she has a few wood nymph friends tipping her off on the best spots), but I did capture a few sweet fairy cups and such.

fairy cup_055

fairy cup_054

slanty_062

shroomy_060

mushroom petals_048

hat askew_061

forest coral_059

There are many magical sights to be seen in the forest. It's just a question of laying low and thinking small...

hazyweb_052

scroll trunk_049

yellow pod_047

teeeny_050