Happy Halloween Wreath Tutorial


 Have I mentioned that I love Halloween - lol?
I do -- but I don't really care for the gruesome, bloody side of Halloween decor. I like to keep my Halloween cute and lighthearted. I was trying to come up with a new Halloween Wreath and really wanted to make something with polka dots -- you know how I love those. Plus some glitter -- nothing says Halloween like glitter :)
I had a Dollar Store wreath form laying around, so I got out my stash of ribbon and started to experiement. And then I thought a big "31" would be a fun touch so I picked up a couple of numbers from my craft store.

This is a fun, easy and quick way to add some Halloween cheer
without all the Spoooooookiness!
Here's what you need:
  • A wreath form (dollar store)
  • Ribbon (one 15 foot section to wrap around your wreath form. And TEN (or so) 5 foot sections of coordinating ribbon.
  • Numbers and glitter (I used PK Glitz)
  • Craft Paint (for numbers and beads) I used DecoArt Black and Tangelo Orange
  • 1" wooden beads or something about that size to put under the numbers.
  • Hot Glue
  • Gorilla Glue 
  • Decoupage Glue {Mod Podge}
Here's what you do:
  • Wrap ribbon around your wreath form. Secure with hot glue or Gorilla Glue using a pin until it dries.

  •  Cut ribbon into 4.5 inch lengths. For a 12 inch wreath form I used 12 different coordinating ribbon into 12 pieces = 54 inches of ribbon in each pattern.
  •  Fold each ribbon in half and sew each one closed. If you don't have a sewing machine, you can hot glue each one closed.
  • After you have sewed all of the ribbons, they will be in a long strip. cut each ribbon apart so they are separate. Then at the bottom of the ribbon loop, under the stitching you can separate out the two pieces of ribbon and hot glue the ribbon onto your wreath form.

  • Glue the loops on in sections, making sure to use all of the different colored ribbons equally.
  • Paint the 1" beads and let dry.
  • While the beads are drying, paint your numbers. Then spread a layer or decoupage glue {Mod Podge} on the numbers and then glittered them up. The people fromPK Glitz sent me some beautiful glitter, so I used that. So pretty! And I have these really cool Painters Pyramids from Rockler that let you paint both sides of something without having to wait. It was great to get the glitter all the way to the bottom of the numbers.

  • Then I used Gorilla Glue to glue the beads onto the wreath. Let dry for a few hours.
  •  Once the beads had dried on the top of the wreath, I figured out where I wanted the numbers on the wreath and traced around the bead so I would know where I wanted to number on the wreath. Then I flipped it over and spread a good layer of Gorilla Glue around the bead to secure the bead to the numbers. Let dry overnight.




  •  The last thing to do is cut two 30 inch sections of coordinating ribbon and tie it at the top. Hang up your {Happy} Halloween Wreath!
Have a{happy} night!