Crafts for summer: Lace and Ribbon Tee tutorial, kids craft ideas

A couple of months ago I saw this sweet lace (OK, it's more like eyelet trim, but lace sounds prettier) and ribbon top on eBay. Unfortunately, the seller did not list a name brand so I can't include it as credit for my inspiration. I will update this post if I can find the designer. Anyhow, it was a simple and cute update to a plain white tee. Here are a few pictures of Isabella in her updated tee. She loves it!


   
Crafts for summer: Lace and Ribbon Tee tutorial, kids craft ideas



Try it, I promise you'll have it done in no time!

You'll need about 1.5 yard of lace, 3/8" ribbon, needle, matching thread, and a plain tee.

Using the ribbon make 6 small bows about 2 inches wide and hand sew them to the tee.
Pin four rows of lace to the tee, two on each side.

 Sew the lace to the tee. I also stitched the top and bottom of the two rows together to keep the layers down.

That's it!


  
 Source: sewambitious.com