Your secrets are safe with me

Warning: rambly post up ahead.

What fun it was to read all of your secrets. Some made me laugh, some made me want to cry, and some made me go "Whaaa???" Thank you all for taking the time to share your stories.

What's no longer a secret? The name of the winner:

Congratulations Denise!!! Please send me your mailing info at ndupuis@mus-nature.ca so I can mail you your toasty wrist warmers.

As luck would have it, Denise's story struck me as the most dramatic, so I was "secretly" sort of hoping she'd win, but I swear, the random number generator knew not of my bias.

In other news, here's what I've been working on, as I cough, wheeze and sniffle my way out of a really bad cold:

My first ever toe-up sock!!!

kaffe'ssocks

I don't have the hang of it yet, but I hope eventually that toe-ups will become my go-to sock pattern. I can't say I enjoyed knitting the short row heel, but I do like the way the stripes "miter". And I LOVE the fact that I can use up the whole ball of yarn. I've only finished one sock so far, and I highly doubt that I'll get the other done before the end of Socktober. Oh well, c'est la vie!

1sttoeup
Regia's Kaffe Fassett collection, in Fire

And on another, completely random note, this is what it looked like outside my backyard window this morning. Isn't that crazy? Happy Christmas, uh, I mean Halloween!

snowyoct29-08