Tea Towel Swap

Tea Towel Guitar 003

I've had a respite from the parade of tea towels I've been getting for a Craftster Swap. Here's the whole guitar motif I did for rectangel. Pattern is Sublime Stitching:
Tea Towel Guitar 001

Sublime Stitching Lanterns for PinkyK:

Tea Towel Tour Lanterns 003

Tea Towel Tour Lanterns 005

And a vintage style kitty for doo_leroux. Pattern from Aunt Martha (available at Hobby Lobby, JoAnns and many craft retailers):
Tea Towel Swap Kitty

When I placed the kitty on doo_leroux's towel, it ended up that she was stealing a peek at the pinup motif done by another embroiderer. I think this is kind of cute:
Tea Towel Swap 3

I love embroidery so much because it is easy to do, but looks great all finished. The biggest decisions are making the right color choices for the various parts of the motifs. A good stash of embroidery floss in various colors helps a lot. I think we are going to do some simple embroidery lessons at my next Meetup.