Whales

I don't often talk about work here, but a colleague of mine just sent me a link to a beautiful video about whale falls that I had to share with you:

Whale Fall (after life of a whale) from Sharon Shattuck on Vimeo.


Last year, I helped develop an exhibition about water (I am an exhibition content developer for the Canadian Museum of Nature) and had a chance to edit underwater video of actual whale fall sites in various stages of decomposition. I must say this paper cutout video is very close to the real thing!

Speaking of the real thing, the exhibition I worked on features a complete blue whale skeleton. Blue whales are the biggest creatures ever to live on Earth! This time-lapse video shows how our Collections technicians put the skeleton together for display.



It's a must-see if you're ever in Ottawa!