Recycling ideas: Harvest Crafts for Preschoolers

 

Recycling ideas: Harvest Crafts for Preschoolers

Yahoo and I had been working on lots of harvest crafts that I was going to post earlier, before I was hit with the band-aid bug. Anyway...thought we'd just share some crafts we've been up to.

#1 - Dress Your Scarecrow

First, I drew up a scarecrow. Feel free to copy the image and use it if you'd like.

Then we dressed our scarecrows with scrap fabric. I cut out a lot of shirts, hats and pants for Yahoo to choose from because we are going to do this craft at our play group next week.

Yahoo went a little crazy with the glue stick!


#2 - Corn on the Cob


Tape down some bubble wrap on a work surface. I taped mine onto some cardboard so
I could easily move it oncde we were done or use it again at playgroup.


Brush on some corn colored paint. Yellows, oranges and browns make some neat Indian corn.


Then roll or blot toilet paper tubes onto the paint covered bubble wrap.


Let it dry and attach green or brown leaves cut from construction paper.