A whole new way of seeing

This weekend, I've been seeing things in a different light.



little lichen citadel



black eyed susan

You see, Christmas came early around here.



queen anne's consort

We took the plunge and invested in a DSLR.



mossy

I headed out to one of my favourite places, Mer Bleue bog.



cow parsnip consort

I had so much fun discovering all the things my new camera can do.



caterpillar lichen

I feel like I have bionic eyes.



closed queen anne's lace

It's almost as if I can now see into the heart of nature.



at attention

Sweeeet macro lens....





Do not fear though, I didn't set aside my beloved knitting.



gentle knitting

My needles have been flitting furiously, as I have an exciting project that is keeping me very busy. I will tell you more about it in a couple of weeks.



diner by candlelight

Hope you all have a sweet week filled with beautiful sights. Night night...



(Edit: for those who asked, we bought a Nikon 5100. What a fantastic camera!)