More from Paducah

I'm still here! Arent' warm weather colds awful? First I thought it was allergies, but well.. whatever.. I also couldn't locate my camera for awhile.. While I have been away, I built and planted a raised vegetable garden bed. We've already had salad from the lettuce we started from seed.

My children are in the last waning days of the school year and I fear that my daughter will be way more busy than my son during the summer months.

I didn't share enough of the quilts I saw in Paducah. I'm sorry these photos turned out so bluish. I thought I fixed it, but now they really don't look quite right. Here is a beautiful one that is all done with fabric markers. I neglected to note the artist so if you know, please email me or let me know in the comments!

EDIT: Quilter Linzi Upton wrote to tell me that she suspects this quilt is by Irina Bluhm.

Paducah Quilt Show 2009

The quilting is incredibly detailed. I think I remember reading that she thought it would be easier to do a whole cloth quilt like this and then it ended up being this epic masterpiece:
Paducah Quilt Show 2009

I've been looking at paint to redo my bathrooms and green is really catching my eye. I want a bright green and white bathroom... This quilt, "Botannica Kentucii" By Linzi Upton, was an eye-catching and fresh colorway in oranges and greens.
Paducah Quilt Show 2009

She used these charming thread crochet motifs with buttons. I love this!

Paducah Quilt Show 2009

Rick-rack and vintage style feedsack prints! *swoon*

Paducah Quilt Show 2009

Anyone know why it is that when I switched over to my iMac from our PC, the little window on Blogger that I use to compose my posts got really really small. Also my font sizes go wonky. Usually I sort of embrace wonkiness, but this is bugging me.