Summer Quilt Stack

We've had one of the nicest summers I can remember. We enjoyed quiet holiday weekends at home and 3 separate secluded cabin getaways. The temperatures in Chicago this summer were pleasant and mild. We even finally got bikes for all four of us! My husband and I have wanted bikes for at least all of the 17 years of our marriage, but every year there was some other large purchase that was more important or a pesky property tax bill to pay.

All good things must come to an end and we are all ready for school to start next week. I'm dusting off my embroidery hoop which hasn't seen the light of day since last spring. Back in the spring I actually had neck strain from obsessive embroidery and knitting, so it was good for me to take a rest from those crafts.

Summer 2008 Quilt projects


Having kids at home really gets in the way of my crafting mojo, so when the kids go back to school I'll be able to get some projects going that I've been dreaming about. It wasn't a totally craft free summer. Above is the stack of quilts I've worked on since spring. I finished the bottom three and the top two are ready for quilting. I'm thinking they'll probably go out to a quilting service since they are quite large and the only thing I like about the quilting step is that it gets a quilt that much closer to a usable blanket. I also did a baby quilt that has already gone on to its new home.

Also a word of advice.. never wait until the end of August to get your school supplies unless you prefer to use the most expensive matchy-matchy notebooks and folders. I won't go into the confounding details of how I know this....