Japanese Craft Books

It's a gray rainy day here. The kids are back in school. That means that I get the Nintendo Wii all to myself. I'm totally addicted to Super Mario Galaxy. I was dead set against video games in our house, but I had no idea they were so much fun. I'm not a total deadbeat slacker mom. I did put away the last of Christmas and vacuumed the house yesterday. I made snickerdoodles and chicken pot pie for the family too, which everyone loves.

Meanwhile, here is ISBN 4529043363. This is a Japanese book I got in my YesAsia order back in November. I haven't crafted from it yet, although it has some excellent projects.

ISBN4529043363

Look at this adorable folksy girl:
ISBN4529043363 detail1

Here's some little pouches:
ISBN4529043363 detail2


The next one is ISBN 4824764427. Little houses seem to be all the rage lately. This book has little handmade patchwoork patterns for houses. My grandma liked to hand piece her quilts, I have 2 quilts that I've hand pieced, but when I worked out quilting on my machine, I never looked back.

ISBN4824764427

ISBN4824764427 detail1
These containers are fantastic! I think that you can use the sewing machine to assemble these. I can tell you that set in triangles are tricky with the machine, but not impossible:

ISBN4824764427 detail2

YesAsia link to the House Patchwork book HERE.

YesAsia link to the Kids Bags book HERE.

I'm cleaning the upstairs of the house today. No crafting for a few more days. Mario must rescue poor Princess Peach!